Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mmmm Pizza



On Saturday afternoon the mister and I hit up Pupatella Pizza in Arlington, VA. I meant to take a picture before we started eating, but it looked and smelled so fantastic, I couldn't wait. This is the Prosciutto Arugula and it was even better than it looks. The fresh mozzarella, peppery arugula, sweet yet flavorful sauce and salty prosciutto all tasted amazing but it was the super light and airy crust that made this pizza worth crossing the river for. It's hard to compare with the other amazing pizza I've eaten in the area. But the atmosphere is a lot more fun than Two Amys without the hour long wait for a table.

I've heard Pupatella can get really crowded at night. We came in just at the end of the lunch rush and had to wait an excruciatingly long time for our pizza, or at least it felt that way. It was probably only 10 or 15 minutes. This is not the kind of place for a romantic dinner, but the staff is friendly, the food is amazing and the decor is fun.  If I lived a little closer, I'd be here at least once a week.  I'm hoping the pizza movement continues in the DC area and there are more amazing places like this one to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment